Monday 5 August 2013

Welcome to the Relaunch of Practicing Primal


WELCOME to the relaunch of the Practicing Primal [and Paleo] blog and website.  I'm very excited about this as previously the site was not fit for purpose and I felt there was no real direction so I neglected it... a lot.  It was also neglected because I was foo-fooing back and forth on eating SAD vs. Primal/Paleo (ok, maybe that's the bigger reason it was neglected!).  But, not anymore!!!  I've had one month of eating Whole30 (strict Paleo) and one month of eating Primal and I'm now 5 days into my second Whole30. I'm feeling better, starting to make better meals and am transitioning my kids over to Primal/Paleo/JERF (Just Eat Real Food).  

The point of Practicing Primal is to show the journey from sickness to health, exhaustion to energy, SAD to Primal/Paleo/JERF.  I see all the blogs of the Who's Who in Primal/Paleo land and they make it look so easy! They've gone through the transition and come out the other side healthier people who love this new way of living so they blog about it! But, unfortunately, I don't see the agony and angst of making that transition in those blogs (this doesn't mean it's not there, it just means there's no current blogging about it) so it seems an impossible goal to me.  I've always found that if you share your story and struggles with other people you often find they are going through the same things and you become a great support for each other.  Therefore, I decided that I would blog about the transition so that other people out there who are like me can have someone to relate to.

Let me give you a little tour of the new Practicing Primal site:

Blog 
You'll be getting at least two posts from me a month: one about my journey and one about my family / kids' journey.  

I've been turning to all natural products for my personal hygiene and am planning on selling some of the ones I've perfected on the UK Etsy site. The first ones will be offered in October.

This is pretty self-explanatory! However, if you read only one thing on this blog, that is the page to read. 

I LOVE the Whole30.  Find out more about it on this page.

This is all about transitioning my kids over to Primal/Paleo/JERF.  Believe me, it's going to be a struggle!

So far I haven't been able to really come up with any fantastic recipes of my own.  {Sigh}  So, instead, I thought a page with yummy looking Primal/Paleo/JERF food that I've made on it would be a good idea to help inspire you! I've even included links to recipes when there is one.

Being Primal/Paleo/JERF and doing the Whole30 in the UK is a bit tougher than in the USA.  I've been on a few forums where we've started sharing resources and I've decided to compile it all in one place for my fellow-UK peeps. 

This is a fun one because you can get to all sorts of great places from here!  From my favourite things to the books on my bookshelf to who's on my Facebook wall plus many, many more. 


You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest.

Welcome to the JOURNEY... I hope you ENJOY it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read Practicing Primal today. I am so excited to share my journey with you. Feel free to leave comments (I love them!).... Change the "Comment As" box to show who you are OR just sign your name on your post!